Your health and safety drive every decision we are making during this challenging time. We are closely monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are strictly adhering to all guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local and state governments.
For your safety and the safety of our staff, additional infection control measures have been put into place.
- • Please wear a mask or a face covering when approaching our office and when checking in and out.
- • When you arrive in our parking lot please call our office (919-832-0168) or walk up to the window and wave at us and we will meet you at the front door.
- • Our door is locked until several health screening questions have been answered.
- • Please observe social distancing if you have to wait outside of our office.
- • If someone is accompanying you to your appointment, we ask that they stay in the car. Our waiting room is closed.
- • If you feel sick, have fever, or cough, please stay home. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
It is our standard practice to follow strict infection control measures in an effort to protect our patients from illness or infection. Additional infection control measures have been put into place in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- • All patients are screened during appointment reminders and at the time of check-in for any high-risk travel, activity, or signs and symptoms of respiratory or other flu-like illness.
- • Patients with risk-factors for COVID-19 or signs and symptoms of illness are rescheduled.
- • We are requesting that patients arrive to appointments without friends or family members whenever possible in order to limit the numbers of people in our office and better comply with the CDC’s social distancing recommendations.
- • All magazines and refreshments have been removed from our waiting area.
- • Sneeze guards have been put in place at check in and check out.
- • Pens in our office are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day for patients needing to complete paperwork or sign consent forms.
- • As always, exam rooms are thoroughly disinfected between each patient visit.
- • We use only EPA registered cleaners and disinfectants.
- • All “high-touch” surfaces are cleaned numerous times throughout the day.
- • We are refraining from shaking hands with patients.
- • Rigorous hand hygiene is practiced by every member of our health care team.
- • Hand sanitizer, tissues, and trash receptacles are also in place for your use.
We are fully prepared to evaluate and care for our patients at this time, and we are taking all possible precautions to protect you, your families, our staff, and our community. Thank you for your support and cooperation with these efforts as, together, we face this unprecedented public health challenge.
We look forward to seeing you and confidently providing your dental care in a safe environment.
Dr. Coggins and Team