Your health and safety drive every decision we are making during this challenging time. We are closely monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are strictly adhering to all guidelines issued by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local and state governments.
It is our standard practice to follow strict infection control measures in an effort to protect our patients from illness or infection. Additional infection control measures have been put into place in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you feel sick, have a fever, or a cough, please stay home. We are happy to reschedule your appointment.
- When you arrive:
- Please wear a mask or a face covering when approaching our office and when checking in and out.
- Our door will be locked. When you arrive in our parking lot please call our office (919-832-0168) or walk up to the window and wave at us and we will meet you at the front door.
- All patients are screened at the time of check-in for any high-risk travel, activity, or signs and symptoms of respiratory or other flu-like illness. Patients with risk-factors for COVID-19 or signs and symptoms of illness are rescheduled.
- Please observe 6 feet social distancing if you have to wait outside of our office. There are markers to guide you.
- We are requesting that patients arrive to appointments without friends or family members whenever possible in order to limit the number of people in our office and better comply with the CDC’s social distancing recommendations. If someone is driving you, we ask them to wait in the car.
- When you wait:
- Our goal is to bring you back immediately. If for some reason we aren’t ready when you arrive, you can wait in your car, outside, or in the waiting room wearing a mask.
- To maintain 6 foot distance, only two people are allowed in the waiting room at a time.
- All magazines and refreshments have been removed from our waiting area.
- Sneeze guards have been put in place at check in and check out.
- Pens in our office are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day for patients needing to complete paperwork.
- All “high-touch” surfaces are cleaned numerous times throughout the day.
- We are refraining from shaking hands with patients.
- Hand sanitizer, tissues, and trash receptacles are also in place for your use.
- At check out, someone from the front desk will walk you to the door to prevent you from having to touch the door knob.
- When in the treatment room:
- We use only EPA registered cleaners and disinfectants. There are barriers in place to reduce surface contact.
- Rigorous hand hygiene is practiced by every member of our health care team.
- Your dental provider will be wearing a face mask (N-95 if aerosols are produced) and another mask on top of that, a face shield, a full length disposable gown, gloves, and safety glasses.
- There are HEPA Filters with UV lights in every operatory room and High Volume Evacuation suction is used.
If you develop any sickness within 2 weeks of being at our office, please notify us immediately.
We are fully prepared to evaluate and care for our patients at this time, and we are taking all possible precautions to protect you, your families, our staff, and our community. Thank you for your support and cooperation with these efforts as, together, we face this unprecedented public health challenge.
We look forward to seeing you and confidently providing your dental care in a safe environment.
Dr. Coggins and Team